Another interesting week in the cloud computing industry. Here are some key points:
- Amazon are hosting an event in Cambridge where TriSys is presenting. Please click here to sign up.
- Microsoft dropped the Azure name for its platform as a service (PaaS) cloud system.
- Amazon and Microsoft both now support SQL Server in the cloud: Called RDS and SQL Database respectively.
- Amazon are now supporting .Net via their Elastic Beanstalk. These last two announcements show that Amazon and Microsoft are collaborating on all things cloud, and this is very good news for TriSys customers.
- Last week, the Google Drive and Microsoft Sky Drive joined Dropbox and Amazon S3 and others in the 'cloud data storage synched to pc' market. Another great move for consumers and business which will help drive down costs even further.
- Google announced App Sync for Outlook 3.1 to help Microsoft Office customers, including TriSys ASP customers make better use of G-Mail.
- TriSys are full steam ahead on a web site rebrand which highlights the breadth of our cloud credentials. We expect this to be live within the next 10 days.
The cloud is currently the most exciting and innovative technological space at present, and it sure is a fast and ever changing ride ;-)