This is a question that we are asked time and time again when we have an enquiry about our software. Not just because I have a background in training do I realise the importance of training but because I have seen how differently the rollout of a new software is impacted by proper training. Why spent money on the installation, data conversion and hardware and then cut corners on the training?
To get the best out of any recruitment solution it needs to be properly set up to support the business and used consistently by all consultants. When a software is set up correctly and used consistently the results are much more meaningful and give the business what it needs not just in finding the correct person to fill a job but in the analysis of the business, everything from where leads are coming from to how many CV's need to be sent out to achieve the required revenues down to the individual consultant level.
Business Intelligence is more and more widely talked about and business want to utilise the statistics that can be obtained from this but without training the consultants on how to record information the data you are basing your decisions on may only be half the picture.
Benefits of Training
• Productivity - Training and Development helps in increasing the productivity of the employees that helps the organization further to achieve its long-term goal.
• Team spirit - Training and Development helps in inculcating the sense of team work, team spirit, and inter-team collaborations. It helps in inculcating the zeal to learn within the employees.
• Organization Culture - Training and Development helps to develop and improve the organizational health culture and effectiveness. It helps in creating the learning culture within the organization.
• Organization Climate - Training and Development helps building the positive perception and feeling about the organization. The employees get these feelings from leaders, subordinates, and peers.
• Quality - Training and Development helps in improving upon the quality of work and work-life.
• Healthy work-environment - Training and Development helps in creating the healthy working environment. It helps to build good employee, relationship so that individual goals aligns with organizational goal.
• Health and Safety - Training and Development helps in improving the health and safety of the organization thus preventing obsolescence.
• Morale - Training and Development helps in improving the morale of the work force.
• Image - Training and Development helps in creating a better corporate image.
• Profitability - Training and Development leads to improved profitability and more positive attitudes towards profit orientation.
• Training and Development aids in organizational development i.e. Organization gets more effective decision making and problem solving. It helps in understanding and carrying out organisational policies
• Training and Development helps in developing leadership skills, motivation, loyalty, better attitudes, and other aspects that successful workers and managers usually display.
• Training and Development demonstrates a commitment to keeping employees on the cutting edge of knowledge and practice.